Sunday, June 10, 2007

My transformation

I went to a stock car race this weekend. Now I have been to a couple of Nascar races in Fontana, but never a short track race like this.
It was a 3/8 mile oval (of course) and my brother is one of the mechanics/helpers on one of the teams. This meant I got to hang out in the pits and participate in the pit discussions and what not. It was a pretty good time. Our driver was pretty bad ass and our day would have been much better had it not been for bad luck; but that's racing.
I have been pretty lathargic the week I have been here. I think/hope this will turn around once I get my place on Friday.
Wow, I hated the cable company in SD, but I don't think this is going to be much better. I have to get directTV through my apartment complex and since they have a monopoly on the complex, I am supposed to put up with their shit. I don't think that is going to happen. More on this after I give them a call back in the morning.
Running is getting easier here, and I plan on hitting the mountains in 2 weeks. This coming weekend is my move and I hope that I will hit a big mountain the weekend after that.
Then, finally the weekend after that I should make it back to NE. The Mom's is getting disappointed that I haven't come home yet, but damn, I am busy here and don't want to take the 7 hours out of my weekend yet to make that drive...
Lates

No comments: