Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Political tip of the week

I have been thinking, our representatives are jacked. Is it just me, or do they not have our interests in mind?
Well, one of my ideas is that we no longer vote for incumbents. The incumbents think that they can get away with anything and just get re-elected on name recognition and spending because they typically have more money than people running against them.
If we don't vote for incumbents, we will get all of those old guys out of congress that look like their 87. How in touch with reality can they possibly be. I personally think we should have a 2 term term limit for all offices and if they don't want to give themselves one (and why would they), then we should give them one.
So from here on out, don't vote for an incumbent. I don't care if you vote democratic, republican, independent, libertarian, green, or whatever, just don't vote incumbent.
G

No comments: