Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My first ride

So I went for my first bike ride today. I got home around 4:30 and figured I would put in about a 30 min ride. I started down a bike path that went through different parks. After about 14 minutes, I turned around. This is where everything went wrong.
The bike path went through about 4 different parks and about every half mile there was Y in the path so that it went all over the area into different parks. After about 3 minutes on my way back, I was lost. About 2 minutes later, I saw something familiar and thought that I was back on the right path after another minute.
Well, after about 15 minutes on the way back I was totally lost and the rain had started. I stopped and asked some girl how to get back to an intersection I knew and she was like, go that way, make a right at the light and you are there.
Well, I made it to the light and she was right. I had about 3/4 of a mile to get home and it was pouring.
By the time I got home, I was completely drenched, but all in all it was a good 8 mile ride that took me about 35 minutes. What is that? About 14mph, not bad for my first ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here you go G, thought you could use some help. How to. How about a picture of your new ride?

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. Cam thinks you're funny.